Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's a reality show people



Alright, I am going to comment on the Bachelor, because there are way to many facebook messages about it. I watched Jimmy Kimmel last night with Jason on it. He asked the question, why go on TV and break up with Melissa. What I, like most ppl think is obvious is that 1. this is a reality show and 2. these ppl all signed contracts, so 3. what happen on the show, doesn't upset me, it makes sense that it was a reality tv show.

Melissa knew going onto the after show last night that things were over. What was new was that this was the first time they were going to talk about it in person with each other. They all signed contracts as part of the show to do things in front of the camera, so Jason had to tell Melissa with a camera, but she did already know because they talked it over on the phone. I know it still sounds shady. But this is my other thing. I know Melissa made really good points about how Jason should fight for her and all that, but he chose not to. I just think people should think about their past relationships. I mean haven't you been in one where you just don't have that connection with the person anymore, or the love or chemistry is just gone and you think, its not worth it to fight, because it is not there. I don't think what Jason did was wrong, I think that he broke up with a girl, they happened to be engaged because that is what you have to do on the Bachelor show and then he moved on.

Lesson learned:
1. Don't find love on a reality show.
2. if you do try out for the show, make a new contract that says at the end of the show you want to tell the person, I like you and want to date you without camera's, not propose.
3. When watching these shows, know how much is being edited for viewers.

All in all, I think it kind of ended like a movie. He breaks up with Melissa and runs back to Molly who sat for 6 weeks wishing she would get a knock on the door. Or most people, or girls, will just put Jason in the category with their ex-boyfriends: Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment