Friday, January 22, 2010

Books

I haven't updated what I have read for awhile!

1.

On the cruise I read the book Torch by Cheryl Strayed. My brother gave it to me for my birthday. It was not a quick read, meaning I couldn't get into it in some parts but nonetheless it was good. Kind of sad though.

2.

My next book was Handle with Care, another Jodi Picoult book. I can say I haven't found a book of hers I do not like. This was one of those books that you couldn't put down!! I really liked it!

3.

My most recent book, as in I finished Thursday was Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. This was a random book I came across. It was from Christina's old room at her parents house. She never got a round to reading it, but let me tell you I finished it really quick. it was really odd in some parts and I even awkward reading it, but it was one of those novels where you felt like you could truly envision the characters! I liked it!

4.

The book I am currently reading is Lucky by Alice Sebold. This is the author of the novel My lovely bones that is currently a movie. But omg, this book is so intense! I started reading the first 10 pages and I had to put it down. It is just really sad! The first pages really lay out what the character went through and it was really hard to get through.


All in all, I am happy that I am still reading! I think one of the best things about being out of school, I can enjoy reading :)!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for posting on your blog!! I haven't read any of those books, but I heard lucky was really sad (is that the same author as the lovely bones?). I just finished reading "A Voice in the Wind", by Francine Rivers. It's the first in a fiction trilogy and it was GREAT!!! I would definitely recommend it! I am waiting to get the 2nd from the library, but I might have to go buy it if they make me wait much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I know I kind of forget about my blog! I was actually just reading yours...about your lost bible. I'll comment on yours, rather than here. Anyways, yes Lucky is super sad! I mean I knew it would be intense bc the back of the book says the girl gets raped....but yeah. I never did ready the lovely bones, but it is by the same author and its a memoir..it makes me really wonder about this author! I will have to check out your book :)

    ReplyDelete