Thursday, October 8, 2009

Are you there God, it's me Megan

So as most people know, I have been out of a job since my grandma passed away in July. For those who I talk to almost daily about what this is like you know that I am constantly VERY frustrated! Especially as I just turned 25 and am doing absolutely nothing will my life, other than trying to make it through every day. Well since I have so much free time, I am constantly doing a lot of thinking and I have thought a lot about God and where he is during this whole process.

I mean I see Him provide so much to others and wonder what he is teaching me right now. I feel like He is constantly testing me, whether it was stuff with grandma, to living with my siblings, to my distance with Andrew and now to unemployed life! He is really working on making me something haha! It's like the last time I went to SD, Andrew and I found an awesome Church and I am like finally some place I see myself getting involved in and even closer to God, which I would think would be something He would ultimately want. So it boggles me when he doesn't provide the tools to let me move closer so that happens.

I mean maybe I have been handling this whole time off from reality the wrong way, but I really don't feel as though I have been missing any answers. Who knows...

2 comments:

  1. hey megs,
    I know you posted this a couple months ago, so I don't know where you're at now (except that you're engaged!!), but I did want to share a few thoughts I had with you.
    Even if things aren't going great, it doesn't mean that God has deserted you or doesn't hear your prayers - even though I know it can seem that way. He doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want them answered or as fast as we wold like - be he hears, so keep praying! Sometimes he allows us to go through things that are hard; he does not promise that the Christian life will be easy by any stretch.
    Remember: God is good & God loves his people. Our job is to have faith in that. To hold fast to this knowledge, especially in difficult circumstances when everything seems to be telling you the opposite - remember who God says that he is. Sometimes he calls us to wait, that our faith might be deepened in the waiting. Sometimes he allows us to be stripped of support systems (even good things - friends, family, church fellowship, etc) so that we may come to rely only & ultimately on him & to remind us that he is the only one who will never leave us.
    No matter what we are doing, working or not, married or single, janitor or engineer, whatever, what matters is how we do it.
    Just a few thoughts, let me know if you want to discuss anything further! Congrats again on your engagement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this comment Lindsay! :) You are truly wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete